3rd National User Forum of FAIRway Danube project & baptism of a new vessel for marking the waterway
Agency for Inland Waterways has organized 3rd National User Forum of FAIRway Danube project held on October 17, 2018. from 10 to 14h in Vukovar.
FAIRway (Coordinated Deployment of the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan) aims at the elaboration of coordinated national investment and operational plans for fairway rehabilitation and maintenance for the Danube and its navigable tributaries.
Within this transnational project, which is co-financed under the first call of Connecting Europe Facility 2014-2020 in the area of transport, the following activities will be implemented in the period from July 2015 to June 2020:
- Elaboration of coordinated national action plans and definition of pilot activities for implementation of Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan (FRMMP),
- Procurement of the necessary equipment to carry out the pilot activities for hydrological services,
- Execution and evaluation pilot activities in order to:
- collect harmonized basic data on all critical locations,
- implement a coherent monitoring scheme for the navigational status,
- harmonize water level models and prognosis,
- identify the potential of fairway relocation and floating ship data,
- Development of innovative approaches in the area of aerial monitoring, modern aids to navigation, etc.,
- Preparation of the necessary documentation for future implementation projects of the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan.
On this year's Forum the report was made on the current project progress during 3.5 years of implementation.
During this year's Forum, Ms. Duška Kunštek, Assistant Minister of Sea, Transport and Infrastructure has baptized Agency for Inland Waterways’ vessel "Connecting Europe" purchased and constructed within the Fairway Danube project.