On October 17, 2018, Agency for Inland Waterways organizes the third National Forum of the FAIRway Danube Project, from 10 am to 2 pm, in Vukovar. (agenda)
The FAIRway Danube project (www.fairwaydanube.eu) aims at preparing the harmonized rehabilitation of the Danube and its navigable tributaries.
Within the multi-applicant project, which is co-financed from the Connecting Europe Facility, the following activities are executed between 07/2015 and 06/2020:
- Elaborate coordinated national action plans and define the pilots for the implementation of the “Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan for the Danube and its navigable tributaries” (FRMMP)
- Procure the necessary equipment to carry out the pilots for hydrological services
- Execute and evaluate pilots in order to
- collect harmonized basic data on all critical locations
- implement a coherent monitoring scheme for the navigational status
- harmonize water level prognosis
- identify the potential of fairway relocation
- Develop innovative approaches in the area of aerial monitoring, modern Aids to Navigation, etc.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for future implementation projects of the “Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan for the Danube and its navigable tributaries”
During National Forum we will report on the intermediate progress made in the first 3,5 years of the project.
Agency for Inland Waterways can also proudly announce that, during the Forum, Croatian marking vessel called “Connecting Europe” project will be baptized.